Apply for this position
Business Development Territory - Entry Level Advertising Account Executive
About MERION MATTERS
- Merion Matters, the company behind the popular ADVANCE brand, is a family-owned media, marketing and merchandising company that has catapulted to major nationwide success since its inception as a healthcare magazine publisher in 1985. Today, our diversified offerings highlight a commitment to serving the informational and career needs of millions of nursing and allied healthcare professionals.
- Everything we do is unique at Merion Matters. We pride ourselves in attracting the best and brightest individuals, and then recognizing and rewarding their efforts. Our environment is team-oriented and professional. With an infrastructure of top-notch support systems in place, Merion Matters gives you the tools you need to do your best work.
- Merion Matters is a one-stop media, marketing and merchandise company. As the driving force behind the ADVANCE Healthcare Network, we provide the healthcare industry with B2B and B2C e-commerce, digital and print content, online and in person recruitment & educational events, custom communications products, syndicated content and so much more. Our goal is to deliver custom-tailored solutions that are designed specifically with our customers' unique media and marketing needs in mind.
- We are committed to serving the information and career needs of millions of doctors, nurses and allied healthcare professionals. We offer a wide range of resources to help them excel in their careers, including websites, a retail shop, events, custom promotions and communications, hospital shows, conferences, magazines and partnerships.
Explore everything that the ADVANCE Healthcare Network has to offer:
- ADVANCE Healthcare Publications & Websites
- ADVANCE Healthcare Jobs
- ADVANCE Healthcare Shop
- ADVANCE Custom Promotions
- ADVANCE Health News & Syndicate
- ADVANCE Events
- ADVANCE Custom Communications
We have an immediate opening for a motivated sales professional looking to start a successful career in the healthcare publishing industry. In this business development position, you'll be selling our portfolio of media and marketing advertising solutions to key decision makers by using a consultative sales approach. If you thrive on the adrenaline of making a compelling pitch, overcoming objections, opening doors to new clients and have the ability to close business on the phone, this is the right job for you!
As a part of our team, you'll work with dedicated sales professionals who have an entrepreneurial spirit -- they're hard working, self-motivated, and confident.
- Sell solution-based print and digital media products for the ADVANCE brand to increase sales to existing book of clients and to establish new business within a sales territory.
- Sell multiple platform sales campaigns that may include print, digital, social, eblasts, event sponsorships, custom products, and more.
- Effectively overcome objections and close business to meet/exceed your sales revenue objectives.
- Maintain CRM records.
- Some travel required.
- Minimum of 2 years proven business development success.
- Related media/advertising sales and digital media sales experience is a plus.
- Inside sales background preferred.
- Success in this role will call for a hunter mentality, a quick learner, independent mindset, and be high energy and persuasive - day in, day out (constant sense of urgency).
- Experience and desire to manage the entire sales process which includes prospecting, needs analysis, closing, and further maintaining relationships for renewal or up-sell; drive to acquire new business will be key.
- Be able to consult with and close business with multiple decision makers.
- Goal-oriented sales approach; be able to meet quarterly and annual goals.
- Strong presentation, closing, and prospecting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency using a modern CRM platform is required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Ability to collaborate with internal partners effectively.
What's In It For You?
- A guaranteed base pay and uncapped commissions paid bi-weekly, so the more business you close, the more money you will make!
- Great training -- Merion Matters provides extensive, paid, in-house training that covers both sales and healthcare, to give you the confidence you need to be successful
- A progressive management team that values your skills and wants to help you succeed
- Support from our in house marketing team!
- Opportunity to grow your career in a position that encourages work-life balance with no nights or weekends
- Outstanding benefits package including health, dental and 401k
- Beautiful office in convenient King of Prussia
Back to job list